Reduce flicker and banding when shooting under fluorescent or mercury-vapor lighting during video recording. Choose [Auto] to allow the camera to automatically choose the correct frequency. If [Auto] fails to produce the desired results, select [50 Hz] or [60 Hz] according to the frequency of the local power supply. Choose [50 Hz] for areas with a 50 Hz power supply, [60 Hz] for areas with a 60 Hz power supply.
Flicker reduction in the video recording menu
- If [Auto] fails to produce the desired results and you are unsure as to the frequency of the local power supply, test both the 50 and 60 Hz options and choose the one that produces the best results.
- Flicker reduction may not produce the desired results if the subject is very bright. If this is the case, try choosing a smaller aperture (higher f-number).
- Flicker reduction may not produce the desired results in modes other than M. If this is the case, select mode M and choose a shutter speed adapted to the frequency of the local power supply:
- 50Hz: 1/100 s, 1/50 s, 1/25 s
- 60Hz: 1/125 s, 1/60 s, 1/30 s