N The retouch menu: Creating retouched copies
To view the retouch menu, select the N tab in the camera menus.
The items in the retouch menu are used to trim or retouch existing pictures.
- The retouch menu is grayed out if a memory card is not inserted in the camera or if a memory card does not contain pictures.
- Retouched copies are saved to new files, separate from the original pictures.
- The retouch menu contains the following items:
|7||[RAW processing]||RAW processing: Converting RAW to JPEG|
|j||[Red-eye correction]||Red-eye correction|
|a||[Distortion control]||Distortion control|
|e||[Perspective control]||Perspective control|
|o||[Overlay pictures]*||Overlay pictures|
|9||[Trim video]||Trim video|
- Not displayed when [Retouch] is selected in the playback i menu.
Creating retouched copies
- Select an item in the retouch menu.
Press 1 or 3 to highlight an item, 2 to select.
- Select a picture.
- Highlight a picture using the multi selector.
- To view the highlighted picture zoomed in, press and hold the X button.
- Press J to select the highlighted picture.
- Select retouch options.
- For more information, see the section for the selected item.
- To exit without creating a retouched copy, press G. The retouch menu will be displayed.
- Create a retouched copy.
- Press J to create a retouched copy.
- Retouched copies are indicated by a p icon.
Retouching the current picture
To create a retouched copy of the current image, press i and select [Retouch].
- The camera may not be able to display or retouch images that were taken or retouched using other cameras or that have been retouched on a computer.
- If no actions are performed for a brief period, the display will turn off and any unsaved changes will be lost. To increase the time the display remains on, choose a longer menu display time using Custom Setting c3 [Power off delay] > [Menus].
- Most items can be applied to copies created using other retouch options, although multiple edits may result in reduced image quality or faded colors.
- With the exception of [Trim video], each item can be applied only once.
- Some items may be unavailable depending on the items used to create the copy.
- Items that cannot be applied to the current image are grayed out and unavailable.
- Copies created from RAW pictures are saved at an [Image quality] of [JPEG fine].
- Copies created from JPEG pictures are the same quality as the original.
- In the case of dual-format pictures recorded in image-quality settings of RAW + JPEG at the same time, only the RAW copy will be retouched.
Except in the case of copies created with [RAW processing], [Trim], and [Resize], copies are the same size as the original.