Portable chargers (power banks)
Portable chargers can be used to power the camera or charge the camera battery. The following table lists the portable chargers that have been tested and approved for use, together with the approximate number of shots that can be taken with, and the approximate number of times the camera battery can be charged using, each device.
|Manufacturer||Model number||Number of shots1||Number of charges2|
|Anker||PowerCore III Elite 25600 87W||2790||8|
- Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standard. [Viewfinder only] selected for monitor mode. Measured at 23 °C/73.4 °F (±2 °C/3.6 °F) with a NIKKOR Z DX 16–50mm f/3.5–6.3 VR lens under the following test conditions: one photograph taken at default settings once every 30 s. The “number of shots” is the number of shots that can be taken using a fully-charged portable charger to supply power to a camera with a fully-charged battery (EN-EL25).
- The number of times the camera battery (EN-EL25) can be fully charged using a portable charger at full charge.
- See the documentation provided with the portable charger for information on use.
- Use a USB cable with two Type-C connectors supplied with the portable charger when employing the device to power the camera or charge the camera battery.
- Up-to-date information on portable chargers is available on the website of the manufacturers. Availability may vary with country or region.