Features available with “C” firmware version 1.40
The new features available with camera “C” firmware version 1.40 are described below.
Support for power zoom lenses
New options for Custom Settings: f7 and g5 “Power zoom (PZ) button options”
[Power zoom (PZ) button options] has been added as Custom Settings f7 and g5. Adjust the power zoom settings.
|[Use X/W buttons]||If [On] is selected, you can zoom in electronically while pressing the X button and zoom out while pressing the W button (power zoom).|
|[Power zoom speed]||You can select the speed at which the lens zooms in and out using buttons assigned with the power zoom role by selecting negative values for a slower speed, or positive values for a faster speed.|
- These options apply only with power zoom lenses.
- The addition of this menu item has changed the number of Custom Setting [Highlight display] from g5 to g6.
Noise from the lens during zoom may be audible in video footage. If you notice lens noise when you use buttons assigned with the power zoom role, setting Custom Setting g5 [Power zoom (PZ) button options] > [Power zoom speed] > [During recording] to slower zoom speeds is recommended.
Camera operation sounds
Operation sounds when pressing the camera buttons to zoom may be audible in video footage. If you are concerned about operation sounds when using buttons for power zoom, we recommend using the following to zoom.
- A smart device with the SnapBridge app installed (power zoom operation may not be available depending on the version of the SnapBridge app)
- ML-L7 Remote Control
- MC-N10 Remote Grip
New option for the setup menu: “Save zoom position (PZ lenses)”
A [Save zoom position (PZ lenses)] option has been added to the setup menu. If [On] is selected, the camera will save the zoom position in effect when the camera is turned off and restore it when the camera is turned on.
- This option applies only with power zoom lenses.
- The zoom position is reset if the lens is replaced by one with a different product name.
New indicator for focal length in the shooting display
A focal length indicator has been added to the shooting display. Displayed only with power zoom lenses.
New option for the setup menu: “USB”
A [USB] option has been added to the setup menu. With this addition, an iPhone running the NX MobileAir smartphone app can now import pictures from the camera connected via a USB cable.
- Select [MTP/PTP] when connecting to computers or Android devices.
- Select [iPhone] only when connecting to iPhones via a third-party USB-C to Lightning cable in order to use NX MobileAir (for information on compatible USB-C to Lightning cables, see the online help for NX MobileAir).
- Whether or not the camera is connected to an iPhone, selecting [iPhone] will disable the features listed below. To access these features, select [MTP/PTP].
- built-in camera network functions
- the [Wireless remote (ML-L7) options] item in the setup menu
- supplying power to the camera or charging the battery via USB (you will also not be able to supply power to the camera or charge the battery using an optional charging AC adapter)
- The NX MobileAir app is available from the Apple App Store® and Google Play™.
Support for MC-N10 Remote Grip
MC-N10 Remote Grip has been added to compatible accessories. When connected to the camera, the MC-N10 can be used for such tasks as video recording, photography, and adjusting camera settings. It comes equipped with a rosette for attachment to third-party camera equipment. With the MC-N10 mounted on third-party camera equipment via an ARRI-compatible rosette adapter, you can keep moving subjects in focus while panning the camera to track their motion, or use its conveniently-placed controls to adjust settings such as exposure and white balance without touching the camera.