Pixel mapping checks and optimizes the camera image sensor. If you notice unexpected bright spots appearing in pictures taken with the camera, perform pixel mapping as described below.
- Pixel mapping is available only when a Z mount lens or an optional FTZ mount adapter is attached.
- To prevent unexpected loss of power, use a fully-charged battery or an optional charging AC adapter.
- Select [Pixel mapping] in the setup menu.
Turn the camera on, press the G button, and select [Pixel mapping] in the setup menu.
- Select [Start].
Pixel mapping will start. A message is displayed while the operation is in progress.
- Turn the camera off when pixel mapping is complete.
- Do not attempt to operate the camera while pixel mapping is in progress. Do not turn the camera off or remove the battery.
- Pixel mapping may not be available if the camera’s internal temperature is elevated.