Save modified Picture Controls as custom Picture Controls.
|[Save/edit]||Create a new custom Picture Control based on an existing preset or custom Picture Control, or edit existing custom Picture Controls.|
|[Rename]||Rename custom Picture Controls.|
|[Delete]||Delete custom Picture Controls.|
|[Load/save]||Copy custom Picture Controls to and from the memory card.|
Creating custom Picture Controls
- Select [Save/edit].
Highlight [Save/edit] and press 2 to view [Choose Picture Control] options.
- Select a Picture Control.
- Highlight an existing Picture Control and press 2 to display edit options.
- To save a copy of the highlighted Picture Control without further modification, press J. [Save as] options will be displayed; proceed to Step 4.
- Edit the selected Picture Control.
- The settings available and the techniques for editing them are the same as for [Set Picture Control].
- Press J to display [Save as] options when settings are complete.
- To abandon any changes and start over from default settings, press the O button.
- Select a destination.
Choose a destination for the custom Picture Control (C-1 through C-9).
- Name the Picture Control.
- Pressing 2 when a destination is highlighted in the previous step displays the [Rename] text-entry dialog.
- By default, new Picture Controls are named by adding a two-digit number to the name of the existing Picture Control. The two-digit number is assigned automatically.
- Custom Picture Control names can be up to nineteen characters long. New characters are added at the cursor position.
- To cycle through the upper- and lower-case and symbol keyboards, tap the keyboard selection button.
- For information on text entry, see “Text entry” (Text entry).
- When entry is complete, press X to save the new Picture Control.
- The new Picture Control will be added to the Picture Control list.
The original Picture Control icon
The original preset Picture Control on which the custom Picture Control is based is indicated by an icon in the edit display.
Custom Picture Control options
The options available with custom Picture Controls are the same as those on which the custom Picture Control was based.
The [Load/save] item in the [Manage Picture Control] menu can be used to copy custom Picture Controls from the camera to a memory card. You can also delete custom Picture Controls in a memory card, or copy them to the camera.
- [Copy to camera]: Copy (import) custom Picture Controls from the memory card to the camera. The Picture Controls are copied to custom Picture Controls C-1 through C-9 on the camera and can be named as desired.
- [Delete from card]: Delete selected custom Picture Controls from the memory card.
- [Copy to card]: Copy (export) a custom Picture Control from the camera to a memory card. Highlight a destination (1 through 99) for the selected Picture Control and press J to export it to the memory card.