Choose whether optional charging AC adapters or computers connected via USB can be used to power the camera (USB power delivery). USB power delivery allows the camera to be used while limiting the drain on the battery.
|[Enable]||The camera draws power from connected devices while on. Connected devices will also supply power when the camera is off if Bluetooth upload is in progress or the memory card access lamp is lit.|
|[Disable]||The camera does not draw power from connected devices at any time.|
- Power will only be supplied to the camera when the battery is inserted.
- A USB power delivery icon appears in the shooting display when the camera is powered by an external source.
- For more information, see “Charging the camera with the charging AC adapter” (Charging the camera with the charging AC adapter).
Computer USB power delivery
- Before using a computer to supply power to the camera, check that the computer is equipped with a Type C USB connector. Use a UC-E25 USB cable (available separately) to connect the camera to the computer.
- Depending on the model and product specifications, some computers will not supply current to power the camera.
“Power delivery” versus “charging”
The supply of power for camera operations is referred to as “power delivery”, while the term “charging” is used when power is supplied only to charge the camera battery. The conditions under which the power supplied by external devices is used to power the camera or charge the battery are shown below.
|Option selected for [USB power delivery]||Camera||External power source used for|
- Includes instances in which the power switch is in the “OFF” position but Bluetooth upload is in progress or the memory card access lamp is lit.