View the current camera firmware version. If new firmware for the camera is on a memory card, you can update the firmware.
- The camera displays firmware versions for the camera and attached accessories as follows. Only accessories currently connected to the camera are listed.
- C: Camera firmware
- LF/MA: Lens (LF) or mount adapter (MA) firmware
- S: Flash firmware
- TC: Teleconverter firmware
- RG: Remote grip firmware
Updating the firmware
To update the camera firmware, you can use either a computer or smart device.
- When using a computer: You can confirm if there is a new firmware version at the Nikon Download Center. For the update procedure, see the firmware download website.
- When using a smart device: If the camera and your smart device are already paired using the SnapBridge app, the app will notify you when there is new firmware for your camera. You can then transfer the firmware to the memory card in the camera by using your smart device. For the update procedure, see the SnapBridge app online help. The timing of the notification may differ from the timing at which the update is released on the Nikon Download Center.