Turn the beep speaker on or off.
- If [On] is selected for [Beep on/off], beeps sound when:
- the self-timer counts down,
- interval-timer photography, time-lapse video recording, or focus shift ends,
- the camera focuses in photo mode (note that this does not apply if AF-C is selected for focus mode or when AF-A is selected and you are shooting in AF-C, and [Release] is selected for Custom Setting a2 [AF-S priority selection]),
- touch controls are used, or
- the shutter-release button is pressed with a write-protected memory card inserted in the camera.
- Select [Off (touch controls only)] to disable the beep for touch controls while enabling it for other purposes.
- When [On] is selected for [Silent photography] in the photo shooting menu, a beep will not sound when the camera focuses or while the self-timer is in operation, regardless of the settings selected for [Beep options].
Adjust beep volume.
Choose the pitch of the beep from [High] and [Low].