Choose the folder in which subsequent pictures will be stored.
The default folder name, which appears after the folder number, is “NZ_FC”. To change the name assigned to new folders, select [Rename].
- Existing folders cannot be renamed.
- If desired, the default name can be restored for subsequent folders by pressing and holding the O button while the keyboard is displayed.
A keyboard is displayed when text entry is required.
- Tap letters on the screen to insert them at the current cursor position. You can also enter characters by highlighting them with the multi selector and pressing J.
1 Text display area 2 Keyboard area
- To move the cursor to a new position, tap the display or rotate the main command dial.
- If a character is entered when the text display area is full, the rightmost character will be deleted.
- To delete the character under the cursor, press the O button.
- To complete entry, press X.
- To exit without completing text entry, press G.
Select folder by number
The folder in which subsequent pictures will be stored can be selected by number. If a folder with the specified number does not already exist, a new folder will be created.
- Choose [Select folder by number].
- Highlight [Select folder by number] and press 2 to display the [Select folder by number] dialog.
- Choose a folder number.
- Press 4 or 2 to highlight digits.
- To change the highlighted digit, press 1 or 3.
- Save changes and exit.
- If a folder with the selected number already exists, a W, X, or Y icon will be displayed to the left of the folder number. Press J to complete the operation and return to the main menu; if you chose a folder marked W or X it will be selected as the folder for new pictures.
- If you chose a folder number that does not already exist, a new folder will be created with that number when you press J.
- In either case, subsequent pictures will be stored in the chosen folder.
- To exit without changing the storage folder, press the G button.
Folders in the [Select folder by number] dialog are shown by W if empty, by Y if full (containing either 5000 pictures or a picture numbered 9999), or by X if partially full. A Y icon indicates that no further pictures can be stored in the folder.
Select folder from list
To choose from a list of existing folders:
- Choose [Select folder from list].
Highlight [Select folder from list] and press 2 to display the [Select folder from list] dialog.
- Highlight a folder.
Press 1 or 3 to highlight a folder.
- Select the highlighted folder.
- Press J to select the highlighted folder and return to the main menu.
- Subsequent photographs will be stored in the selected folder.
Folder and file numbers
- Once the folder number has reached 999, the camera will stop creating new folders automatically and disable the shutter release if:
- the current folder contains 5000 pictures (in addition, video recording will be disabled if the camera calculates that the number of files needed to record a video of the maximum length would result in the folder containing over 5000 files), or
- the current folder contains a picture numbered 9999 (in addition, video recording will be disabled if the camera calculates that the number of files needed to record a video of the maximum length would result in a file numbered over 9999).
- If there is space on the memory card, you will nevertheless be able to continue shooting by:
- creating a folder with a number less than 999 and selecting it as the storage folder, or
- changing the options selected for [Frame size/frame rate] and [Video quality] before recording videos.
Additional time may be required for camera startup if the memory card contains a very large number of files or folders.