The following Nikon software can be used with the camera:
Nikon computer software is available from the Nikon Download Center. Check the version and system requirements and be sure to download the latest version.
- NX Studio*: View and edit photos and videos shot with Nikon digital cameras. Use NX Studio software to fine-tune photos shot in Nikon’s unique NEF/NRW (RAW) formats or convert them to JPEG or TIFF (RAW processing). NX Studio can be used not only with RAW pictures but also with JPEG and TIFF photos shot with Nikon digital cameras for such tasks as editing tone curves and enhancing brightness and contrast.
- Existing users should be sure to download the latest version, as earlier versions may be unable to download pictures from the camera.
- Wireless Transmitter Utility: The Wireless Transmitter Utility is required if the camera is to be connected to a network. Pair the camera with the computer and download pictures via Wi-Fi.
- Webcam Utility: A module that allows you to connect the camera to a computer with a USB cable and use the camera as a webcam. When you select an external camera in web conferencing software, “Webcam Utility” is displayed. Select it to use it as a webcam. Check the Webcam Utility page on the Nikon Download Center for compatible cameras, usage, operating environment, and precautions during use.
Smartphone (tablet) apps
SnapBridge: Download photos and videos from the camera to your smart device via a wireless connection.
- SnapBridge apps can be downloaded from the Apple App Store® or on Google Play™.
- Visit the Nikon website for the latest SnapBridge apps information.