When your first photo can’t wait
- Insert the battery and memory card (Inserting the battery and a memory card).
For information on charging the battery, see “Charging the battery” (Charging the battery).
- Attach a lens (Attaching a lens).
- Align the indicator on the camera body with the indicator on the lens (q) and rotate the lens in the direction shown (w).
- A strap can be attached to the camera. For more information, see “Attaching the strap” (Attaching the strap).
- Turn the camera on and then choose a language and set the clock (Turning on the camera).
Take (Taking photographs (b auto)) and view (Viewing photos) pictures
- Rotate the mode selector to AUTO (b).
- To focus, press the shutter-release button halfway (i.e, lightly press the shutter-release button, stopping when it is pressed halfway).
- Without lifting your finger from the shutter-release button, press the button the rest of the way down to take the picture.
- View the picture.